Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Grind

You know when I first decided to get into the music industry I knew it wasn't going to be easy. I had made up my mind that I was all in and that I would work hard to achieve success. I thought it would be somewhat easier for me because I lived in the DC area and with all this musical talent here I would definitely get my artists into the clubs. BOY WAS I WRONG! I never would have thought that it would be so hard to get into the clubs here. I could see if my artists didn't have talent and weren't exceptional performers but that isn't the case. You would think that the clubs here would support local artists but all they think about is money. I don't blame them for wanting to make money every business needs to make a profit to survive but all they are concerned about is "how many people can you draw" and most of these clubs already have a very large clientel who frequent every week anyway why not feature a new artist for your customers? Give them some new fresh music but I guess that's too much to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment